Hudson Little League Covid-19 Rules and Procedures
All individuals participating in any Hudson Little League game or practice will follow the following guidelines.
• All players, coaches, and spectators are asked to proactively monitor their own health prior to attending any Hudson Little League activities. If body temperature is at or above 100.0 F, do not attend team activities. If experiencing cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea do not attend team activities.
• Home team and spectators may enter the field via the right field access road or the stairs near the first base line. Visiting team and spectators may only enter via the access road.
• Visiting teams will warm-up on their half of the field. The visiting half of the field consists of the entire third base side not to cross over second base. Visiting teams will access the third base dugout by walking on the roadway entrance, around the outfield fence line and down the third base line fence line to enter the dugout. The home team will warm-up down the first base line, not to cross second base and will enter the field using the stairs. Coaches will be responsible to monitor safety distances. Each team is permitted to use the entire field for a pregame infield/outfield session so long as no opposing team player is on the field.
• Each team is responsible for making sure spectators are adhering to state guidelines for mask wearing and social distancing.
• Bleachers that are outside the doorways to the dugouts will be used by team members so that Social Distancing can be practiced an “X” will clearly be marked on the bleachers so that players can sit while on offense if they choose. Canopies can be used to extend the dugout areas and behind the dugouts so social distance can be maintained.
• No more than 4 people in the dugout at any one time. Each player if needed should bring their own chair/bucket and sit outside the dugout area while waiting to bat if they choose not to utilize the bleachers designated for their team.
- The four players in the dug out are the coaches’ discretion. In hot weather it is recommended the pitcher and catcher are two of the four players. Social distancing is required in the dug out.
• No spectators can be in the designated team areas or immediately behind them. Spectators can stand along the first, third and outfield baseline fence line and or where they feel comfortable maintaining a 6 ft distance. Spectators will not be authorized to sit behind the dugouts, backstop, and must be at least 12 feet from the dugouts and players.
• Visiting spectators must watch the game from the third base side of the field, including the area behind left field. Home spectators must watch from the first base side of the field including the area beyond right field.
• All teams must have readily available the following items for use at all team activities: an adequate supply of hand sanitizer, a First Aid kit and extra facemasks and disposable gloves. Teams also should have disinfectant spray and paper towels/wipes readily available to clean any equipment or hard surfaces, as required, between uses.
• All players, coaches, and spectators are required to wait to enter the area of the playing field until the prior game has vacated. In turn, all players, coaches, and spectators are required to vacate the area of the playing field promptly upon completion of their game.
• Coaches will be able to allow 2 people up top in the announcer’s booth to keep score while practicing Social Distancing.
• Players, coaches and spectators will follow and respect all rules established at other teams home fields for away games.
• Opposing teams may not be in the batting cage area at the same time.
NEW ON-FIELD RULES IN EFFECT FOR 2021
1. Spitting, chewing gum, and sunflower seeds are all PROHIBITED.
2. High fiving and all actions that involve body-to-body contact are PROHIBITED. Exceptions are contact that is made during the normal and regular course of playing baseball such as tagging a runner.
3. Facemasks will be worn by all players at any time that player is not on the field. Tee Ball division players will wear masks when on the field as well.
4. Coaches will wear facemasks when with players or when in or near the dug out and anytime social distancing cannot be maintained.
5. All players and coaches are required to wash hands with hand sanitizer (min. 60% alcohol) or soap and water prior to entering the field. Coaches will encourage frequent use of hand sanitizer throughout the course of the practice or game. Hand sanitizer will be provided by the League in each dugout.
6. Paper lineup cards will not be exchanged. Instead, teams will either:
A. Email the opposing coach their lineup at least 1 hour before the game i. Last minute revisions can me communicated verbally at the field while standing more than six feet apart.
B. Bring an easy to read version of the lineup to the field on a clipboard. Place that clipboard in a location where the opposing team scorekeeper can easily read it without touching it. Step back more than six feet until the scorekeeper is done copying it.
7. Pre-game conference at home plate will be limited to one coach per team and the umpires. All parties must remain a minimum of six feet apart. No handshaking allowed.
8. Mound conferences should be limited to just the coach and the pitcher. The catcher can be included when the coach deems necessary. No other players are permitted to join. All parties must at their best estimate maintain a safe distance.
9. If the catcher or home plate ump ever finds the need to clear someone else’s equipment away prior to a play at the plate, this should be done by safely kicking the equipment away, not by grabbing it with their hand.
10. At the conclusion of the game each team will line up on their respective base paths and tip their caps to the opposing team. This replaces the post game handshake.
11. Coaches are responsible for retrieving bats at home plate for their team. Shared equipment will be sanitized in between player uses.
12. Each team will provide game balls to be used when that team while in the field. Hudson teams that are away will bring game balls to be used while in the field.